CrossFit and Community

CrossFit and Community

Coach Malcolm here, Im always preaching about the Community of CrossFit or for that matter at LivingStone.

 

CrossFit & Community 

JULY 2, 2014 / HUNT.GATHER.GIRL
So my choice of exercise is Crossfit – I greatly value the Crossfit community because:

  • I never have to exercise alone (If it was left to me to keep myself fit I’d fail miserably)
  • There’s always room to improve
  • The person who is last gets cheered for just as loud as the person who is first
  • You meet the best and the worst version of yourself. But the best version of you exceeds your expectations by far.

  • I don’t want to blow the Crossfit horn too much because there is enough of that on the internet (and the opposite) but I have a story that I’d like to share.

     

    I have been on a less that highly committed routine concerning Crossfit and exercise due to a hectic time at work and a general stressful time. So on Monday I dragged myself to class to at least stick to my moto of “keeping on” and “keep on going back no matter what”. There was a big power failure in the neighbourhood so we had to exercise by car headlights – pretty hardcore feeling. :)

    The workout consisted of 10 rounds for time – 200m run, 15 kettlebell swings and 16 hammer swings. I did the workout as best as I could and after I completed it there were still a few people finishing. As is custom at our box – the people who finished cheered on the rest and I joined in. Eventually there was just one lady left and I cheered her “Come on! Last round!” She looked up and said – “You think? I still have another round!”

    As I mentioned it was dark! And to do the 200m run you had to run out of the building onto the sidewalk next to a busy street. If anybody had left me to run alone in the dark I’d be a bit upset so it only made sense to run with her. We chatted a bit (obviously both of us very tired). She had just started Crossfit – and I was so impressed because the fact was – she was still moving and did not try to take shortcuts. We finished the run and she completed the last reps of kettlebell swings and hammer swings (which she killed by the way.) We cheered her on the whole way.

    Afterwards I talked to her and told her how it’s just important to keep coming back. I confessed that I also cried after workouts sometimes when it sucked not being able to do everything as well as you’d like to. She smiled at me and said, “I cried because of all the support. I’ll definitely be back.”

    Thank you Julie for reminding me that Crossfit is not just about becoming fit and being the best version of yourself – but it’s also about helping each other and about being part of a community and family that build and support each other – no matter what.


    10 comments (Add your own)

    1. Miguboma wrote:

    Fri, December 8, 2017 @ 5:02 PM

    2. wrote:
    Marvelous, what a website it is! This website gives useful facts to us, keep it
    up.

    Thu, October 4, 2018 @ 6:21 PM

    3. wrote:
    I am really loving the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility
    problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about
    my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any tips to help fix this issue?

    Fri, October 5, 2018 @ 11:27 AM

    4. wrote:
    Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance"
    between usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a awesome job with this.

    Additionally, the blog loads super fast for me on Safari.
    Excellent Blog!

    Fri, October 5, 2018 @ 5:32 PM

    5. wrote:
    I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made
    good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    Sat, October 6, 2018 @ 5:52 AM

    6. wrote:
    Heya are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to
    the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Thu, October 11, 2018 @ 6:52 AM

    7. wrote:
    Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read
    stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got the opportunity,
    Guess I will just bookmark this blog.

    Thu, October 25, 2018 @ 12:03 AM

    8. wrote:
    I'm curious to find out what blog system you're using?
    I'm having some minor security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something
    more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

    Sat, October 27, 2018 @ 3:03 PM

    9. wrote:
    Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
    you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is excellent, as well as the content!

    Fri, November 16, 2018 @ 2:36 AM

    10. wrote:
    Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking
    about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog
    when you could be giving us something informative to read?

    Thu, December 6, 2018 @ 9:19 AM

    Add a New Comment


    code
     

    Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.

    Map - Location